Sunday, September 5, 2010

Issy Bath!




Today was bath day for Isadora the little spider monkey! I actually have to wear an old t-shirt and get in the shower with her. It is the only way that I can bathe her! So, to the shower we went with nice smelling coconut dog shampoo! She did really well, it's only her third bath as she has only been here a few weeks. Then she plays with the shower curtain while I take my shower! She then scratches and combs her hair, and likes to play with the towel and have me dry her off! She is approx. 6 months old and was rescued from some folks who had her chained to a tree in a yard with dogs, in one of the local beach towns. Minae (our equivalent of Fish and Wildlife) said that they probably killed the mother to get the baby :(


She was then taken to another friend of mine who has several spider monkeys to try and integrate with that group. Unfortunately she was scared of them, and they did not like her so she passed the time scared and not eating. So, my friend called me and asked me to take her in since she needed some Tender Loving Care and Psychotherapy! After four days she finally came to me and trusted me to hold her...now she is much calmer and getting along really well.


2 comments: